Technology is ever changing. The technology of dashboard cameras today can help road users easily identify dangerous and erratic drivers. The dash board camera, also known as car dash cam is a special type of camera which is mounted on the dashboard of a car and is designed to record images and sounds while you are driving. These cameras can be either connected to your cars electrical system through the car’s cigarette lighter socket or can be also hardwired. They are designed for continuous recording as you drive and this can be very beneficial to drivers according to Dashcambuyersguide.com. In this article, I will discuss how these car dash cameras can help a driver.
The advantages of car dash cameras
- You can record your accident. When an accident occurs, the driver can be unable to remember or describe how the accident occurred. The dashboard camera can provide you with a video proof that you were not responsible for the accident in the court of law. This can also help you with the insurance company.
- Car dash cameras can be operated remotely while at home and the data can be send to your smart phone or laptop. This can secure your car while you are sitting comfortable on the coach watching your favorite TV program. The cameras will help you have a peace of mind overnight knowing that your car is safe and sound.
- It can help fight insurance frauds. The dash camera footage camera can help insurance company find a fraudster in staged accident and this can indirectly lower your rates.
- It can make you a better driver. With video recordings can help you track your improvement in driving. You can review how you drove last week and then correct the mistakes you made.
- You can easily have an eye on your car if it’s parked. You can identify a person who breaks in to your car or hits your parked car and vanishes. Some beginners will have difficulties parking their car in a parking lot hence can easy scratch your car and take off. Car dash cameras can record the video and you can hand over the footage to the police to locate the culprit and help you out with the insurance company.
- You can capture unexpected events such as rock slide which damages your car, a meteor, or a wild animal that darts out in the road leading to accident. Then this footage will help you with the police and insurance company.
- You can easily get out of a ticket. This occurs when you have been stopped for a traffic violation you know you didn’t commit. You can hand over the footage to law enforcement officer before the ticket is written. You can also bring the footage to court to contest the ticket.
As you have read, you realize that car dash camera such as http://dashcambuyersguide.com/the-rexing-hd18-car-dash-cam/ is a great investment. They are cost effective and can be easily installed on the dashboard within seconds. There is a variety of dashboard cameras you can choose from. These range from low end cameras to high end camera. The low- end cameras only cost you tens of dollars which is affordable. If you don’t have one on your car, what are you waiting for?